My top 5: oldie but goodie tv show

This is in no particular order, my fave oldie but goodies. To translate; some of my favorite tv shows from growing up. So, if you havent seen these shows yet, you must! I remember coming home from School, laying sick in bed at home or chilling on a sunday, these were my definite favorite tvshows a couple years back. I still watch them from time to time, but Ive already rewatched them over and over, and there are so many new tv shows. So many tv shows, so little time!! But, like Pablo Neruda said; “Hour of nostalgia, hour of happiness, hour of solitude”.

1. The O.C. (2003-2007)

The O.C. What can I say?? I love it and always will. But, there is one death in the show that at the time absolutely destroyed me and to a degree ruined the show!

The O.C. is about a poor and troubled boy walking into the lives of the rich kids of Orange County, bringing a lot of drama with him. Like they had no drama from before..

Favorite character: Seth Cohen

2. One Tree Hill (2003-2012)

I don’t even know where to begin with this show. It’s got so much drama, so much love, and the best characters!

The show is about the people in the small town of Tree Hill. Lucas and Nathan Scott are half brothers and hates each other. Hailey is Lucas’ best friend. Peyton is the hot but weird girlfriend of Nathan and Brooke is her popular-cheerleader-best-friend. This is about their and their family’s lives in Tree Hill and you don’t want to miss all the drama!

Favorite character: Brooke Davis

3. Gilmore Girls (2000-2007)

Rory and Lorelei had that kind of mother-daughter relationship I always wished for. Don’t get me wrong; I have a great relationship with my mom, I just always wished that we could be best friends like they are. The downside to this dream was also having to be the only child like Rory, and not having my dad around which isn’t really something to dream for.

Lorelei gets pregnant as a teenager and decides to keep her baby. Now we get to see Lorelei working as hard as she can to raise a great kid. Lorelei does whatever to try to be able to send Rory to college in the future, including trying to make peace with her parents who loves Rory but hates Lorelei for making the mistake of getting pregnant so young.

The feel-good show with a lot of love and with a dash of drama.

Favorite character: Sookie St. James

4. Veronica Mars (2004-2007)

oh how I loved Veronica Mars. She was very smart, always helping her dad with his private detective business, or sometimes going rogue. It starts out when her best friend has been murdered, and she has to figure out what happened. But more than that it is about her and her fathers life, trying to get by. It’s got it all; the strong female character, the amazing father, the great boy friend, a boyfriend or two, and the gang member friend. What more could you ask for?

Favorite character: Veronica Mars

5. Gossip girl (2007-2012)

Gossip girl was the new and groundbreaking tv show with the high elite of New York and I loved every second I spent in their world. Cute boys, beautiful girls, expensive clothing and a lot of drama. The upper east side held some of the richest people in NYC. It also portrayed the life of a middle class family trying to fit into that world.

Some had bratty and spoiled behavior. Some tried everything to fit in with the rich kids. Some tried everything to find love. It was so different from my school experience, I was mesmerized.

Favorite character: Blair Waldorf

-toodeloo

20 Comments Add yours

1. Vilde says:

I love all of these shows so much! I still watch Gilmore Girls on repeat❤️

Liked by 1 person

2. I absolutely loved OC and One Tree Hill!!

3. Marie says:

Oh I love all of these shows so, SO much, we’re tv shows twins hahaha 😀

Liked by 1 person

4. I’m currently watching Gilrmore Girls! I’m now on season 4 and it’s the kind of show that will make you laugh and occasionally cry. ❤ I love it.

Liked by 2 people

1. mundaneblog says:

I know! I’m glad you like it. Is this a rewatch or have you never watched it before?😁

Liked by 1 person

1. It’s my first time watching, my friend recommend it to me and I’m really surprised how much I liked it.

2. Hette says:

I can’t believe you haven’t watched it before but I’m so glad that you’re liking it!! 😁

5. Gossip Girl and Gilmore Girls are some of my favourite shows- Blair is just so fantastic!

1. Hette says:

Right?! She can be a real bitch but you just have to love her🙈

Liked by 1 person

1. So true, and she’s much better than Serena, who’s just bitchy in my opinion- at least Blair is strong and really clever haha

2. Hette says:

Really? I always just thought Serena was too naive and gullible. Only bitchy if pushed to it by Blair 🙈 But I do still favor Blair though

Liked by 1 person

3. Fair enough! I think throughout the series my opinion of them all changes so much 🙂

4. Hette says:

Yes mine too! I absolutely loved Serena in the start. She was the girl to be, you know? But now I’m all Blair! 😁

Liked by 1 person

5. Exactly, such a cool girl… Tbh, all the way through I loved their world, as much as it was toxic haha…. Blair definitely grew on me too… In fact, I was the same with Chuck 😉

6. Hette says:

Same!! He’s so bad you have to get to know his good side before you like him. And then you only see his good side when he’s with Blair 🙈💕

Liked by 1 person

7. Exactly, at first I just thought he was a bit, rape-y, but when you see his soft side with Blair, it’s true, you can’t help loving him 🙂

8. Hette says:

I know it’s really bad in the beginning… That is NOT ok.. but I feel like he changes completely and I couldn’t help but ship them💕

Liked by 1 person

9. That’s so true! It would go against my morals to like him at the start, but after he gets with Blair and they begin their long friendship/relationship, I think it’s okay to like him haha

10. Hette says:

Yeah I feel like people can change and that they’re great together. So I always wanted their relationship (except the toxic stuff🙈)

11. Haha, yeah, they definitely worked well together, for sure 🙂