Current reads!

So I don’t know about you guys, but I’m currently reading three books.. I’m listening to an audiobook while driving to and from work (which takes me about 40 minutes in total). I’m occasionally reading this one book that’s really long (and didn’t catch my interest right away) and I’ve just started a new one (the one I really want to read at the moment).

This third book I’m reading right now is the one book I want to read at the moment and I therefore go through really fast. Let me explain: I just finished P.S I still love you by Jenny Han and read it because I really wanted to read it right now (and really enjoyed it but won’t write any reviews until I’m done with the last one) and now I’m halfway through Turtles all the way down by John Green and I started it only yesterday, also because I really wanted to read it.

At the same time I’m reading The gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue because my sister loved it and told me I had to read it. It was a bit slow for me and took me a while to get into, but the last time I read it, the action started and it made me want to continue (I will very soon I promise).

Simultaneously I’m listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks read by Stephen Fry. I’ve actually never read them so this is my first time! I just finished Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban a week ago and dived right into Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.

I grew up loving the movies! I remember mum reading the first or second book for me and my sisters but we never really got into them as we were quite young. For some reason I never picked them up getting older, until now. I love the universe and figured out I HAVE TO READ THEM!!

So, I kind of got off topic with everything Harry Potter… But what I was trying to say, very gingerly is that how many books I read simultaneously can vary depending on the situation or my mood. Like summer reads. I love easy, cute and fast summer reads, but I also love (at least the idea of) a good crime novel in the winter (and also Easter)!

So, to sum it up; I’m currently reading three books (and I have previously read four or five(!!) at the same time). I know it’s not just me… it’s not just me right? What do you like? Do you finish one book at the time or are you like me; changing it up depending on your mood or the situation?? Let’s chat in the comments!

– toodeloo

10 Comments Add yours

1. Vilde says:

I read so many books at the same time.. if I finished every book I started, well, I’d have read a lot more books😂

Liked by 1 person

1. Hette says:

😂😂 Nice to know I’m not alone!!

2. Marie says:

Oh I have no idea how you do this?? I couldn’t read more than one book at a time – I’m just not used to it at all, so I usually focus on one book and one story at a time, haha. I love your current reads, though, I LOVED the Lara Jean series so, so much, and Turtles is one of my favorite books of all times ❤ Happy reading! 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Hette says:

I’ve always read several books at the same time actually, so I guess it’s because I’m used to it🙈 Thank you so much for your nice comment😁 Makes my day!

Liked by 1 person

1. Marie says:

Maybe if I get used to it, I’ll manage to read a few books at a time as well haha, who knows, someday 😛
        Oh you’re so welcome! ❤

Liked by 1 person

2. Hette says:

Some practice and I think you’ll get used to it😄

Liked by 1 person

3. You sound like me! Ha ha! I always seem to have 1 audiobook, 1 ebook and 1 physical book going at the same time. I also try to have different genres so I can pick up whichever suits my mood at the time and so I don’t get them confused! 😉. I really need to read “a gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue”. It’s been on my TBR for quite a while and I’ve heard nothing but good things!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hette says:

Thank god I’m not alone🙈 “A gentleman’s…” started out a bit slow to me, but I think it might be because I started reading it without really knowing what it was about! And I’m still reading it📚 Thank you so much for your comment🌸

Liked by 1 person

4. Shilpa says:

Too many books.. too little time!

Liked by 1 person