June TBR

I’ve thought about this a lot. And i mean A LOT a lot. It’s very important to choose the right book when on holiday, am I right or am I right? No I’m just kidding. A little. I mean… the book sets the whole mood for wherever I am, so I want to read something fun and upbeat, but let’s face it, almost every good book has a few sad parts. So… I guess I’m just going to have to pick whatever books call out to me from the shelf!

But then there’s the struggle about choosing the number of books to bring! I’ll be away for 11 days.. do I take 11 books? Haha no I’m sure I won’t even have time to read every day (crazy I know but my boyfriend’s always restless so we do a lot of walking and sightseeing when on holiday). I think I will settle for 4 books and then just bring my iPad with some more😁 But since I’m not gone for the whole of June, my TBR will be a little bit bigger than 4 books.

I have chosen my books and thus my June TBR! Here they are:

“Always and forever Lara Jean” by Jenny Han.

I can’t wait to finish this series and see who Lara Jean ends up with in the end! The two first books are really fast paced and cute and I’m hoping this will be as well.

“Me and Earl and the dying girl” by Jesse Andrews.

I really wanted to read this one when I first heard of it and I’ve had this on my TBR and bookshelf ever since, so it’s time for me to get to it! Also, I want to see the movie already!

“The art of being normal” by Lisa Williamson.

This book intrigued me as soon as I read the description, but sadly I found this in the beginning of my huge reading slump so I never got to it.

“The breakdown” by B.A. Paris

I really enjoyed “Behind closed doors” by the same author and I thought it was time to pick up another one of her books for some mystery.

“Harry Potter and the goblet of fire” by J.K. Rowling.

I’ve been listening to Stephen Fry reading the HP audiobooks, and this is actually my first round of HP ever! So I’m working my way through them one by one and I’ll be bringing the audiobook for this one when I travel this month.

“A gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue” by Mackenzi Lee

I’ve been reading this for a while as it didn’t really intrigue me in the beginning (I think I’ve said it before but I was reading it because my sister recommended it to me, and I didn’t really know anything about the book as I started to read). But I think it’s really good so I will have to finish it ASAP.

So this is my current TBR for June, but who knows if I’ll make any changes as I go🤷🏻‍♀️ But I will have my first wrap up in the end of June (and let’s face it, I will be posting on Instagram and blogging as I read my way though my TBR, so you won’t miss a thing!)

How does your TBR for June look? Have you read any of the books on my TBR? If so, how did you like them? Let’s chat in the comments😁

– toodeloo

19 Comments Add yours

1. I love The Gentleman’s Guide! I hope you end up liking it too. 🙂

1. Hette says:

I hope so too😁 But I’m sure I will📖

Liked by 1 person

2. Great choices! I’ve heard nothing but good things about “the Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue”, I hope to get to that one myself soon!!

1. Hette says:

Me neither so I’ll have to get to it soon😁📖

Liked by 1 person

3. The Art of Being Normal is on my YALC TBR! When I read the blurb, I just had to have a copy, haha.
    I totally feel you on not knowing how many books to take. Usually I try to have plenty of ARC’s on my Kindle so I don’t have to drag books around too much and.. of course because I buy plenty of books whenever I go somewhere as well. 😛

Happy holiday! 😀

1. Hette says:

Probably me just being a noob, but what is YALC?😁 Yes I’ve wanted to read it since it was released so I just have to get to it soon! I always bring my iPad with extra books. Yes I’m going to London as well so I have a separate book budget🙈

1. Young Adult Literary Convention in London! 🙂
        Hahaha, I don’t even have a book budget because I always go over it anyway. Don’t bother trying anymore. 😛

2. Hette says:

Aaah🙈 Haha Oh No! I have actually had a book-buying-ban for a while, so that I could catch up on reading the books on my shelves. I have so many unread books on my shelves right now, but since I’ve read a few during the last month I’ll give myself the green light to buy some books while in London!!😁

Liked by 1 person

3. Yup, I should do that as well. I’m going to try, starting July! I’m rereading some favorites in June, so that’s not a great moment to start the battle of the TBR again. 😛

I do hope you enjoy London! It’s my favorite city ever. ❤

4. Hette says:

Thank you so much!! Same! I love it so much ❤️

4. Marie says:

Oh I’m SO impatient for you to read the last book in the Lara Jean series – I found that it was the perfect ending to the series overall, so adorable and bittersweet 🙂 ❤ ❤

1. Hette says:

Haha🙈 I know I will get to it in June!! I promise. I can’t wait to see the ending of the story📖 and also see the first movie!!😃

5. bookorbit says:

Great books there 💕

1. Hette says:

6. bookorbit says:

And hey, I am new here too 😊 welcome to the blogosphere 💕

1. Hette says:

Ditto😁💕

7. Vilde says:

I love «A gentleman’s guide…» and the entre Lara Jean series❤️ I’m considering rereading «To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before», before the movie comes out☺️

1. Hette says:

Maybe you should! Everyone’s re-reading and I basically never re-read so all this talk about re-reading is making me want to re-read “The wolves of Mercy Falls” 🙈📖📚