Current reads🌸

on

Hey guys and happy summer! How’s your summer going? (Or winter if you’re in that part of the world😁)

As you know if you’ve been reading my blog I’ve already been on my holiday, so I’m just working and enjoying the nice weather here at home. So there’s not too much reading, but some at least. I actually continued listening to HP whilst grooming my dog today 😊 I’m also reading The break down and I’m still working my way through The gentleman’s guide 😂😂 I can’t believe I haven’t finished yet but hey, I’ll get there eventually🙈

I think I mentioned I’m listening to the whole Harry Potter series for the first time, and I’m now at Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. Together with the first film this was my favorite of the movies, and since I haven’t read the books (ever) until now (I know!!) I find myself referencing back to the movies a lot, which I wish I didn’t so if anyone has a time machine?!

What can I say.. The gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue is just taking some time. It’s big and heavy so I just never reach for it anymore but I promise I will finish it this summer (or at least year😀).

I’m halfway through The break down and I’m loving it!! It’s such a suspenseful and intriguing book that drives me to read on (damn you work🙈) so I’m absolutely loving that one!! I thought I would though since I really enjoyed her previous book, “Behind closed doors”📚

What are you reading this summer? Any recommendations?

Hope you’re enjoying your week so far, and happy reading! Also, I’m on Instagram if you want to keep up with my reading, everything book related really, and my blog post updates!

– toodeloo

10 Comments Add yours

1. bujoowl says:

Goblet of Fire is my least favorite 😂😂 I agree that Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue takes some time, but it’s really good if you ever end up powering through!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hette says:

Is it?? Really.. I’m very excited to read the last books for sure!
      I really am trying to pick it up more often, it’s just easier to take a new one🙈📖

Liked by 1 person

1. bujoowl says:

Lol most people I know say GoF is their favorite though, so I feel like I’m very much alone in that opinion. It just seemed a lot more dragged out to me than the first 3.
        I get what you mean though, I have a whole pile of longer books that I’ll finish one day!

Liked by 1 person

2. Hette says:

Okey I’ll finish and see what I think because so far I’m very pleased with it! But have in mind I grew up with the movies so I know most of what is happening already (which is kind of sad)

Liked by 1 person

3. bujoowl says:

The one good thing tho is the books and movies are different! The overall plot is obviously the same, but there’s a lot of changes between the two. Ron’s character development is crazy different between them, and just wait until you get to Half Blood Prince! I love the movie, but the the book and movie are so different you won’t recognize it when you get there.

Liked by 1 person

4. Hette says:

Ooh I’m so happy you said that!! I’m really looking foreword to reading that one now😃 And maybe reading my physical copy of it and not the audiobook, as I enjoy reading myself much more!! Probably wouldn’t listen if it weren’t for Stephen Fry 🙈

Liked by 1 person

2. Vilde says:

I’m also in he process of reading the Harry Potter series for the first time and you’re tempting me to pick up number six…. I’m currently reading several books though (what else is new..?) and need to resist temptation😂❤️
    Do you have any unfinished books aside from the ones in this post?

1. Hette says:

Ooh do it do it!! ❤️
      Haha😂 Same!!
      Yes.. 9 on pause…..

3. Marie says:

Oh don’t worry you’re not the only one reading the harry potter series late haha. I have read it a couple years ago, but I haven’t read it back when it was released, so…. i felt a bit like the black sheep as well haha. As long as you’re enjoying it, that’s what matters the most 😀
    Happy reading! 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Hette says:

Thank you so much for your lovely comment😁💕 Nice to hear I’m not alone!! My colleagues judge me for it🙈